|Slack chatbot with Watson Assistant|
Tuesday, June 26, 2018
Tuesday, June 19, 2018
|Db2 User Group Meeting|
This time you have the opportunity to learn more about the SQL explain facility, query optimization, SQL recursion and several other topics. Similarly to the previous event, we are going to have lightning talks again. They are short, 3-8 minute talks in which YOU can present a solution, introduce a technical problem for which you are looking for a solution, or tell us your best database-related joke or an anecdote.
You can register through several channels:
- ARS: https://web.ars.de/dedug2018_19_ehningen/
- ids-System: https://www.ids-system.de/leistung/schulungen/9-dedug/502-19-treffen-der-deutschen-db2-user-group-dedug-am-29-06-2018-in-ehningen
- Meetup: https://www.meetup.com/de-DE/DeDUG-RUG/
See you at the DeDUG meeting at IBM Germany in Ehningen. If you have feedback, suggestions, or questions about this post, please reach out to me on Twitter (@data_henrik) or LinkedIn.
Monday, June 18, 2018
Wednesday, June 13, 2018
|Authorized access only using OpenID Connect|
Tuesday, June 12, 2018
|IBM Cloud news|
- I always recommend to regularly go over the "What's new in IBM Cloud" page in the IBM Cloud docs.
- Something announced this week is a major expansion to IBM cloud capabilities and availability zones. It includes the option to run Docker containers on a Kubernetes cluster with worker nodes distributed across different zones.
- Several new IBM Cloud solution tutorials were added and some updated. Check out the one on how to move a VM-based application to containers on Kubernetes and best practices on how to organize users, teams and applications. I also recommend the tutorial describing how to build a database-driven Slackbot. Last but not least, to analyze traffic to your GitHub repositories read the tutorial on combining serverless technology and Cloud Foundry for data analytics.
- Db2 on Cloud has extended its federation support to non-SSL connections. Several Db2-based data sources can be integrated and queried.
- Do you know that with a recent update to the IBM Cloud CLI (command line interface) the CLI command changed to "ibmcloud"? No worries, the old "bx" is still supported.
- I recommend taking a look at current capabilities of IBM Cloud Key Protect, IBM Cloud App ID and IBM Cloud Activity Tracker. They provide some essential security features and have been enhanced over the past weeks.
If you have feedback, suggestions, or questions about this post, please reach out to me on Twitter (@data_henrik) or LinkedIn.
Wednesday, June 6, 2018
|Life Expectancy Map|