|Converse with Watson from the Command Line|
Here is a small overview of my Python client that helps to register, update, delete and list dialogs and that can even drive a dialog (converse with Watson) from the shell window on your machine. The code and for now some short documentation is available on GitHub as watson-dialog-client.
In order to use the tool, you need to have the Watson Dialog Service provisioned on IBM Bluemix. The service credentials need to be stored in a file config.json in the same directory as the tool "henriksDialog". The credentials look like shown here:
The credentials are read by the tool to "chat" with the dialog service. The following commands are available:
- register a dialog by providing a new dialog name and the XML definition file
"henriksDialog -r -dn dialogName -f definitionFile"
- update a dialog by identifying it by its ID and providing a definition file
"henriksDialog -u -id dialogID -f definitionFile"
- delete a dialog identified by its ID
"henriksDialog -d -id dialogID"
- list all registered dialogs
- converse, i.e., test out a registered dialog which is identified by its ID
"henriksDialog -c -id dialogID"